- Fabric (as many patterns as you want)
- Ribbon, Lace, String, etc.
- Scissors or fabric cutter
- Triangle/Flag template
- Glue or Sewing Machine
Step One - First you have to pick out your fabrics. I like to use four to five different designs.
Step Two - Next you want to cut your fabrics into triangles, I like to make mine about 5'' wide and 10'' long, but it is really up to you what size you want to make them. The best way to do this is cut out the first flag and then use it as your template so they're all the same size. Also remember when cutting the flags to fold the fabric in half so you're cutting two triangles at once and then they are connected at the widest part, so you just have to sew or glue down the sides.
Step Three- After cutting out as many pennants as you want (the amount of pennants will determine how long or short your banner is), then you select the ribbon you want to use to attach the pennants too.
Step Four - In this next step you will either use your glue or sewing machine to attach the pennant to the ribbon. If you are using glue, you will put a small strip onto the front side of the ribbon and then slide the pennant onto it. If you are using a sewing machine, you first put the pennant over the ribbon and then stitch the pennant on top of the ribbon, so it will stay in place.
* Just a little tip - make sure to leave enough ribbon on each side of your banner to be able to attach it to your table, trees, windows, etc.
Step Five - After attaching all the flags you go back and glue or sew the sides of the pennant, or if you want you can do this step at the same time you are attaching the top part of the pennant. Either glue or stitch along side the long edges of the pennant as showing in the photo below.
Step Six - Hang your Pennant Banner!!!
Do you like Pennant banners? Would you use them at your wedding? Do you have any favorite fabric designers?
Lastly for those who love kitty's, my cat Cleo decided to jump in on the photo shoot...
* All projects created on Make It Yourself Monday, can be made for your wedding/party in your choice of colors, sizes and styles. Send me an email at PurplePeacockWeddings@gmail.com with your information and requests, and I will get back to you asap : )