Friday, October 22, 2010

The Maids

I don't know if you all have noticed the trend of brides using off the rack bridesmaid's dresses, well I have and I think its a pretty awesome trend (considering I choose my bridesmaid's dress from Anthropologie, one of my favorite off the rack shops to purchase bridesmaid's dresses and regular clothes too!!) Below is a photo of my bridesmaids dresses from Anthropologie. I believe they still fit all the criteria people think a bridesmaid dress needs (however I believe the only criteria you need for a bridesmaids dress is none! Pick what you like!!), but still have that uniqueness to them. Some other pluses of buying off the rack are, you get the dress right away, they're usually less expensive and lastly you can really wear them again! Tehe...

Rosettes and Ruffles Dress


Photo Credit: Beth Armsheimer Photography
 Even celebrities are catching onto the trend. In the recent wedding of Dave Annable (from the television show Brothers & Sisters) and Odette Yustman (recently seen in the movie, You Again), Yustman choose the, Drifting By Dress from Anthropologie for her bridesmaid's, which coincidentally I wore to our rehearsal dinner.



Kiss the Bride

A few of my favorite shops to look for bridesmaid's dresses are Anthropologie (If I have not already told you, hehe), JCrew, Madewell, Shop Ruche, Modcloth and Ann Taylor Loft. Below you will find a few of my favorites for the fall season...

JCrew- http://www.jcrew.com/index.jsp
Organza Leighton dress

Silk organza soiree dress
 
Anthropologie - http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/index.jsp

This is one of those great simple dresses that you could mix with funky fun shoes and a beautiful sash of beads or flowers. Sash's are great gifts for bridesmaid's, hint hint!






Madewell - http://www.madewell.com/shopmadewell.jsp

Last Dance Dotted Dress

Jewel-Tone Tiered Dress
Would you consider buying an off the rack bridesmaid dress? If so what colors, styles and designs do you like? If you have something particular in mind and can't find it, let me know and I can take a look, after all searching for clothes online is one of my favorite past times.


                                                                                   XOXO

                                                                                         Christine

3 comments:

  1. I second that Beth. Christine - a) you're rockin' the blog. b) quit making me want to go shopping! ;) I love all the ones you posted pics of, but I'm especially drawn to the light purpley-greyish kinda stripey one with the band around the waist and buttons up the top. I'd wear that with flip flops and casual dangly earings. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ladies! I'm having fun and am glad people are reading the blog..

    Beth..Thanks for doing it, I truly appreciate it! Also do you shop at Madewell? I could totally see you rocking some of there clothes and boots?

    Becky..You should get the dress and rock it, I think that color would be perfect with your hair and skin tones! Just give it a few weeks and it will be on sale. Thats what I love about Anthro, almost everything goes on sale!

    ReplyDelete