Friday, October 15, 2010

15 Creative Cake Toppers

One of my favorite parts of weddings is the cake! It is most likely because couples are becoming more creative with their sweet treats..or maybe it is just because I love chocolate so much..hehe. For our wedding I had this idea to use different shades of purple M&M's to create a stair stepping monochromatic illusion. On the top of our cake we decided to take Polaroid’s of one another kissing each other and then placing them on picture clips on to the top of our cake, instead of going with the traditional Bride and Groom on top.

Photo credit: Beth Armsheimer Photography



If you are looking for a creative cake or cupcake topper,

 here are 15 imaginative ideas for you...

               1. Polaroids                                 
                  
2. Chess Pieces (king and queen)
3. King and Queen from a deck of cards
4. Barbie and Ken
5. Pennants (little flags that can say anything from your names to just married)
6. Childrens wooden blocks spelling out names/initials
7. Drum sticks, guitar picks for the musicians, couples who met
at a concert or who just love music
8. Two pumpkins (incorporate holiday themes, Mr. and Mrs. Claus, etc.)
9. Crown and Tiara
10. Buttons creating a design or spelling your initials or words out      
11. Scrabble letters spelling out your last name    
12. Two little birdies, giraffes, or penguins     
13. Vintage teapot    
14. Candles
15. Ferris Wheel 

 
If your already married what did you place upon the top of your cake? If you are not married or are getting married what are you
 going to use as your cake topper?


XOXO

           Christine 

5 comments:

  1. We are using Dia de Los Muertos Bride and Groom figurines since our wedding is October 30, 2010 and we love Halloween and all the Dia de Los Muertos decorations. I love all of your ideas, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! I have seen those on a few other cakes and always love the way they look. Congrats on your upcoming wedding, I'm sure it will be an amazing day! Stay tuned, I have a couple more creative October/Halloween ideas for weddings/parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved what you did with the polaroids. So creative! ;) We used the Willow Tree figurine's of a woman and man. It was semi traditional but still a little unique at the same time. We still have it on a shelf in our house as decoration and it doesnt look like a "wedding topper".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Christine! I love your blog! So cute! Makes me wish you were around when I was planning my wedding. Haha!!! Anywho, my husband and I got engaged at Disneyland infront of the castle so we had found a precious moments bride and groom with Mickey ears on both. And placed that upon our cake. Then Decorating the table was the usual flowers but also a picture in a Disney frame we took just after the engagement as well as the Disney Mickey bride and groom ears we wore in the picture. I'll try and send you a picture

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marisa! That's such a cute idea. I love that you incorporated your engagement into your wedding. I would love to see a photo! Congrats on the wedding? Are you a newlywed?

    ReplyDelete