Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Engagement Imagination

I don't know about you, but I adore themed engagement, wedding, family, etc. photos. Personally for me when taking a straight forward photo they all come out terrible, but when you include some props and unposed shots, I can get a few good ones. My mind is constantly thinking of fun prop filled photo shoots, which I probably continue to share in a segment I like to call "Engagement Imagination."

The first one came to me upon moving to Prescott, Arizona, which is a town filled with mountains, trees and beautiful scenery. It is the type of town you would imagine its residents wearing flannel shirts and hosting camp outs. All of these things inspired me to want to do a photo shoot with flannel shirts, smores, log cabins, camp fires, pine trees, etc.










Do you like themed photos? What are some of your favorite props to include in your photos? Did you include props into your engagement photos?


                                                                           XOXO

                                                                                   Christine

2 comments:

  1. I love themed photos! These pictures are adorable Christine. We did not necessarily use many props in our engagement photos; however, as you saw, a few sets of them were an old diner date theme tied in with a diner waitress and mechanic. My grandma was worked at a soda fountain and I really incorporated her into so many of my ideas for the wedding in general. Not only did this add a sentimental value...it also made it more fun! Neither Dustin or I are super comfortable having to pose for the camera, so to create a fun theme helped ease our nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos Christine, and of course themes are so fun!

    ReplyDelete