Thursday, October 14, 2010

Purple Peacock Weddings

I heart weddings a whole lot, which is why I decided to start this blog. I am a newlywed of 5 months and 5 days, however we have been together for 6 and 1/2 amazingly wonderful years, which gave me plenty of time to think about how I wanted our wedding to look...The problem was I had so many dreams, projects, ideas, colors, etc. that I loved that it was hard for me to decide on just one theme. Which is one of the many reasons I wanted to start this blog, to share thoughts, DIY projects and inspiration for all you other brides out there or people who love to be creative, design and love, love! So for our wedding I chose purple (plum, as I like to call it, but most people just refer to it as purple) as my color, because for as long as I can remember purple as been my favorite color. Second I choose to accent the wedding with peacock's and feathers! When I was a little girl I would often visit my great grandfather’s farm, which was flooded with peacocks. Upon first sight I feel in love with them and their beautiful feathers and immediately began collecting the feathers that had fallen to the ground. From there grew my peacock collection, from feathers, to peacock inspired jewelry, frames, etc. Third I wanted to create a vintage feel, from my dress (Monique Lhuillier) and jewelry (some from etsy) to the location (Dana Powers Barn, Nipomo, California) and photographs captured by Beth Armsheimer.




I named the blog after my wedding theme and would love to share many other themes that are constantly floating through my head. Please feel free to share your thoughts, weddings, businesses and anything related to weddings!









*Photos captured and edited by Beth Armsheimer Photography.


                                       XOXO
                                                  Christine















2 comments:

  1. what a great idea Christine to start this blog! I feel like I have so many more ideas now about how to customize things and different styles, than I did 5 yrs ago. However I would say one piece of advice I would give is to not be afraid to PERSONALIZE everything. Play with colors and accessories and decorations, have fun with it, don't feel like you have to stick with certain things just because "everyone does it". Make it your own! :) I had my bridesmaids each in their own colored dresses which was fun. I see it more now, but when we got married it wasn't too common I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky! Yes, I think a wedding should express your hubby and your's tastes. I have actually had a rainbowish theme type wedding going through my head lately..It may it the blog soon.

    ReplyDelete